Sunday was a gorgeous day here in New Jersey. The sun came out and it was probably the first day that truly felt like spring. Sunday also happened to be my birthday. I’m a lucky girl because, between Matt, family and friends, I usually get to celebrate my birthday multiple times. It makes me realize how loved and how blessed I am. Sometimes It’s easy to get caught up in the negatives and the drama of everyday life and it’s not always easy to stay positive. But between the beautiful weather and all the birthday cards, gifts, texts and phone calls I started to reflect on the previous year and all the blessings I am truly thankful for. Here’s to a great 27th year and here’s a few blessings I’m thankful for from the previous year:
1. Launching / updating this blog
2. A tech savvy husband who helped me update this blog
3. An increase in vacation time
4. A renewed love for creative writing (I’m taking a creative writing class, starting this week)
5. Going on my first cruise and seeing my brother in law perform
6. Visiting a new country and getting closer to my goal of 30 countries before 30
7. Getting a visit from my brother and his girlfriend over Christmas and New Year’s. They live in Asia so it’s a real treat to see them.
8. Financial stability
9. New friends
10. Good health
11. Matt’s truck because it handles well in the snow. This year, especially, we really needed a car that can handle a lot of snow.
12. Another year with my amazing grandparents
13. Clear answers to prayer
14. Garden Lites breakfast souffles. I just discovered these. They are low calorie, all natural and delicious!
15. Living across the street from an amazing Asian food market
16. Family, friends and Maggie
We will go with 16. There are many things I am thankful for, and my list is a lot longer, but these were the things that came to mind when I thought about this last year of my life. Happy Birthday to me! 🙂 And happy Monday all!
By the way, the picture at the top is a picture of dessert at Kyma restaurant. It’s a great, Greek restaurant in Somerville. You can read my review about here.